Sunday 22 July 2012

Kitchen Experiment #3: Mini Bruschetta Bar...Can it pass for a light dinner ?

After gorging on all you can eat sushi at Sakura, our favorite neighborhood Japanese restaurant, we arrived home all in a state of food coma. A few hours later, my eldest son shouts -- What's for dinner, Mom?  These bottomless pits ! What can I possibly whip up in minutes ? One todo on my list which I always forget is "thaw out the chicken". So I had to make do with whatever was in the fridge -- mushrooms, tomatoes, arugula. Bruschetta maybe ? Good thing I grabbed some good quality baguette on my way home that morning.

Method:

I sauteed some baby bella mushrooms with lots of garlic and some butter.



I then chopped some roma tomatoes and basil leaves, drizzled them with extra virgin olive oil, and seasoned them with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. I sliced the baguette into 1/2 inch slices, brushed the slices with olive oil, rubbed them with garlic, and popped them into the toaster oven. While waiting for the bread slices to toast, I washed some baby arugula.



Voila ! A Mini Bruschetta Bar !



The tomato and arugula bruschetta was a sight to behold with the bold red color from the fresh roma tomatoes and the vibrant green from the baby arugula! It was as tasty as it was pretty!



Results:

No comments:

Post a Comment