Saturday 22 December 2012

Kitchen Experiment #10 Roast Pork Tenderloin in Orange Terriyaki Sauce

I am not a fan of pork tenderloin because it is prone to being dry if not cooked correctly. I'd rather use a more fatty cut such as pork shoulder or pork belly since they are more forgiving and always turn out oh so tender. For health reasons though, I force myself to cook using leaner cuts of meat such as pork tenderloin. This is a no fuss dish that takes minutes to prepare and yet turns out delicious.

Rub the pork tenderloin with olive oil. Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and onion powder. I tried this rub on ribs and they turned out great! As to the proportions, just eyeball it!

IMG_2546

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Sear the tenderloin over medium high heat on all sides until it is nice and brown.

IMG_2548

Roast the meat until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees, around 15-20 minutes.
IMG_2549

Brush the meat with orange terriyaki glaze every so often. For the glaze, I used a recipe I found online which uses orange juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger juice. Combine everything, bring it up to a boil and turn down the heat to simmer until the sauce thickens.

To serve, cut the tenderloin into pieces but don't forget to let it rest before slicing! As you can see below, I had to slice the meat before adequate resting since the kids were too hungry to wait. Thus, some of the juices escaped :(

Serve with some sauteed greens such as spinach in garlic.

IMG_2551

PorkTenderloinVerdict

No comments:

Post a Comment